Views:185 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-10-25 Origin:Site
How to Keep the Water Clean in the Fountain?
Outdoor fountains add a touch of elegance and comfort to home gardens and backyards. While easy to maintain, the inevitable build up of dirt, debris and algae means fountains need to be scrubbed out - usually every few months - to keep the water clean as long as possible.
And remember, dirty water can spread disease to flocks of backyard birds and encourage mosquito populations that can in turn infect humans and other animals.
Clean water, on the other hand, is more attractive to the birds and will bring a wider variety of birds to your backyard.
The first step to having a good clean fountain for the birds is to make sure it does not get dirty.
While you will have to eventually make a cleaning process for it, You can minimize the dirt and lower the times you have to do polish it.
The frequency with which you clean a fountain depends on many factors, including the weather, the quality of your water, the location of the it, and the number of birds using it.
The best advice is to clean it several times in the summer and in the winter every couple of months.
1. Unplug the fountain pump to remove the chance of electrical shock. Pull the fountain out of the water and remove the motor cover to expose the pump.
2. Scrub around the pump holes with a wet toothbrush dipped in mild dish detergent to remove debris, dirt or algae that has built up around the pump. Rinse the pump under a faucet to get rid of any excess soap, as well. Allow the pump to air dry before putting on the motor cover.
3. Pour or dump out the water inside the fountain; this is replaced once all the components have been cleaned. Use a shop vacuum to remove water from hanging fountains.
4. Remove any pebbles or stones from the bottom of the fountain and soak these in water with mild dish detergent. Agitate the stones to remove any hidden or clinging debris. Rinse the stones thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
5. Wash out the inside of the fountain with a non-abrasive cloth or sponge and the detergent; or a calcium lime remover if hard water deposits have built up on the fountain interior. Clean the interior thoroughly and rinse with a hose or faucet completely to remove any soap residue. Hanging fountains can be wiped out with dry towels.
6. Place the fountain in its desired position; add any rocks and pebbles that were removed for cleaning. Fill the fountain with fresh water. Add the pump and plug it back in.
You are done with the cleaning process and the water is clear, Fresh and clean. and that is how you keep fountain water clean.